Friday 15 February 2013

DIY Driftwood Floor Lamp

One of the first posts that inspired me to make anything driftwood was from Maya of Completely Coastal. She made a beautiful floor lamp and also a tutorial here. After many months of procrastination I have finally made my own version!

I used three driftwood sticks for my floor lamp. I drilled holes and then gently hammered the nails to make a tripod. Whilst the tripod was steady on its own, I did trim the legs off a bit.



Then I did the electrical bit after drilling a hole near the top of one of the sticks and then passing the wire through it, similar to Maya's lamp. The only difference is that I have different sockets and parts for the wiring as that is what is used in Switzerland.

I bought a 45 cm dia. Beige Jara shade from Ikea.


I used a transparent wire to make it less obvious.



Here are some photos of the lamp!




Another tick on my 'to do' list of projects! Very pleased with the floor lamp :).

Hazel

2 comments:

  1. Amazing. Very creative and beautiful. Thank you for the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you mrspraline! I did change the nails to screws for more stability at a later date. The lamp is still proudly standing in my living room :)

      Delete